An initial reunion of 384th Veterans and their wives in New York City in 1967 set the stage for many more over the years.
Reunions continued over the years, some more elaborately planned than others.
Naturally, there was great interest in re-visiting England, so a number of "Memorial Junkets" were held,
which included typical tourist activities, but which always included a visit to Grafton Underwood.
It was during one of those "Junkets" that the original monument was dedicated;
on another, the memorial window was dedicated,
and on another, the new memorial was dedicated.
#32: 2020, dates TBA, Ogden area, Utah.
Plans are being made to hold a reunion in coordination with the soon to be displayed 384th Bomb Group Commemorative Wing Panel
at the Hill Aerospace Museum.
384th Junket XI: 19-24 September 2019, Cambridge, England:
This was an awesome one!
Accommodation and activity arrangements were provided by Arena Travel, Martlesham Heath, Suffolk.
Every day was incredibly smooth, with no lost travelers...
The highlight, of course, was our visit to Grafton Underwood on Saturday.
Words cannot adequately express our appreciation to the multitude of local folks who made sure we got to see everything.
Suffice it to say that they easily outnumbered us, and couldn't do enough to be sure we had the time of our lives.
Some small part of our experience has been captured in
#31: 2018, 18-21 October, Dayton, Ohio. We returned to the scene of the "Final" reunion
held in 2014. On Friday we toured the National Museum of the USAF -
and held a memorial service at the 384th tablet in the Memorial Garden,
as well as viewing the new "Memphis Belle" display,
and on Saturday visited Grimes Field in Urbana to see how "Champaign Lady" is coming along.
Several of our attendees gained new appreciation for Ball Turret Gunners,
getting into (and out of) the ball turret, assisted by our very own BTG (and Chairman of the Board) Peter Bielskis!
#30: 2017, 27 September-1 October, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Our second reunion with the 8th AF Historical Society - and the B-I-G 3-0!!!!
- #29: 2016, 19-22 October, St. Louis, Missouri. First Reunion with the 8th AF Historical Society!
- #28: 2015, 29 October-1 November, Tucson, Arizona. "Second Annual 'Final' 384th Reunion!"
- #27: 2014, Dayton, Ohio. Billed as the "Final" reunion due to dwindling membership and attendance,
it was so well attended that planning was immediately undertaken to explore the possibility of holding
a "Second Annual 'Final' 384th Reunion!"
- #26: 2013, Norfolk, Virginia.
- #25: 2012, San Antonio, Texas.
- #24: 2011, Seattle, Washington.
- #23: 2010, Branson, Missouri.
- #22: 2009, Savannah, Georgia.
- #21: 2007, Dayton, Ohio.
- #20: 2006, Washington, DC (McLean, Virginia).
- Memorial Junket X: 2005, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, UK.
- #19: 2004, Alaska Cruise. Departing from Seattle, Washington,
this reunion kept the show on a watery road!
- #18: 2002, San Diego, California.
- "The Gathering": 2001, May 9-12, Salt Lake City, Ogden/Hill AFB, Wendover, Utah.
- #17: 2000, Savannah, Georgia.
- Memorial Junket IX: 1999, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, UK.
- #16: 1998, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- Memorial Junket VIII: 1997, Leicester, Leicestershire, UK.
- #15: 1996, St. Louis, Missouri.
- #14: 1994, Sarasota, Florida.
- Memorial Junket VII: 1993, Leicester, Leicestershire, UK.
- #13: 1992, Irvine, California.
- Memorial Junket VI: 1991, Leicester, Leicestershire, UK.
Commemorated the restoration of St. James the Apostle Church in Grafton Underwood.
- #12: 1990, Wichita, Kansas.
- #11: 1988, Savannah, Georgia.
- #10: 1986, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Memorial Junket V: 1985, UK.
Dedication of the rebuilt memorial monument and the time capsule and the planting of the Memorial Avenue of Trees.
- #9: 1984, San Antonio, Texas.
- Memorial Junket IV: 1983, Leicester, Leicestershire, UK.
Dedication of the memorial stained glass window located in St. James the Apostle Church, Grafton Underwood,
and the filming of "The Village That Met Them Again."
- #8: 1982, Seattle, Washington.
- Memorial Junket III: 1980, UK.
Commemoration of the bells at St. Peter & St. Paul Parish Church, Kettering.
- #7: 1980, Dayton, Ohio.
- Memorial Junket II: 1979, UK.
Dedicated plaques for the St. Christopher statues at St. Peter & St. Paul Parish Church,
and St. Edward's Catholic Church, Kettering.
Pop Dolan presented the silver chalice to St. Edward's Catholic Church.
- #6: 1978, Denver, Colorado.
- Memorial Junket I: 1977, UK. Dedication of the original monument.
- #5: 1976, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- #4: 1974, 26-28 July, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Held at the New Orleans Marriott.
- #3: 1972, 21-23 July, San Francisco, California.
Held at the Hilton Inn San Francisco International Airport.
- #2: 1970, 10-12 July, Chicago, Illinois.
Held at the Palmer House.
- #1: 1967, 2-4 June, New York City, New York.
Held at the New York Hilton Hotel.